Last Modified February 9, 2018
Konverge is a location based app that streamlines the entire process of meeting up. You can create activities, invite your peers, chat about the activity and before it starts, see all attending guests' ETAs.
When using Konverge - you’ll share some information with us. We understand the importance of privacy, and we respect that. Because of this, we want to be upfront about the information we collect, what we do with it, and whom we share it with.
Information We Collect
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information regarding activities
- Information regarding location
- Information regarding your device
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information Regarding Activities
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us regarding activities. Information collected here include:
- Activity Title
- Activity Date/Time
- Activity Type
- Activity Location
- Activity Description
- Guests Invited
Although we do everything we can to maintain the security and integrity of our application, we cannot guarantee that this information can never be retrieved from outside sources. Please use the same common sense that you use when browsing the internet/social media with our application.
Information Regarding Location
When you use our service, we will collect location information using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
Here is the only time that your location is gathered:
- When you create an activity and select location, we will query your location in order to auto-populate suggestions of nearby places for you to choose from
If you have confirmed that you are attending a specific activity, we will
start tracking your location within 15 minutes of the time the activity
- You arrive at the destination
- 30 minutes have elapsed since the start of the activity time. After this period, all user tracking relevant to said activity will cease.
Information regarding your device
- Device Information. We collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Device Phonebook. Because Konverge revolves around communicating with friends, we may—with your consent—collect contact information from your phone to display within the application.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
How We Use Information
Why do we collect the above information? Simply put: We collect only what is necessary to provide you with an excellent product. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- Develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
- Send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support inquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- Monitor and analyze trends and usage.
- Enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- Use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
- Enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other Konverge users. We may share the following information with other Konverge users:
- Information about you, such as your username, name, and profile icon.
- Information that you share when creating an activity
Your location to all users who have responded yes
to an activity invite that you have also responded yes to. Within 15 minutes of an activity start and
- A) You arrive at the destination
- B) 30 minutes have passed since the activity start time.
- Information you share over the activity chat features will be visible to all users invited to the activity
- With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition. If Konverge gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with third parties—such as advertisers—aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
Konverge welcomes comments, questions, concerns, or suggestions. To contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.